|HUNTING AND FISHING|
All persons hunting in Florida must possess a valid hunting license, excluding those entitled to the following exemptions:
Hunting licenses may be purchased from the Tax Collector's Office as follows:
- Any individual under 16 years of age, supervised and in the presence of an adult;
- Florida residents 65 years of age or older that can show proof of age and residency...
such as provided by a Florida Driver's License or ID Card (issued after Jan. 1 2010 and valid for 6 or more months), or a voter registration card;
- Persons hunting in their county of residence on their homestead or the homestead of their spouse or minor child, or any minor child hunting on the homestead of their parent; and,
- Florida residents who are totally and permanently disabled who have been issued a temporary special permit.
Note: Persons born on or after June 1, 1975 cannot purchase a hunting license unless they show proof of successful completion of a hunter education safety course. Contact the local Game & Freshwater Fish Office, in Lakeland, for the dates of Hunter Safety Classes. Their telephone number is (863) 648-3203.
Also Note: Hunter Safety Mentoring Exemption available to those 16 or over and born after May 31, 1975. This enables the hunter to hunt under the supervision of a licensed hunter 21, or older for one year without having to complete the state's hunter safety certification. After one year and before purchasing another hunting license they must complete the Hunter Safety Course. The cost for the license is $17.00.
fishing licenses may be purchased at at one of the Tax
Collector's Service Centers.
- A Resident annual 64 or older hunting and fishing license (lifetime) is $13.50 - For more info, click here;
- A resident, annual hunting license is $17.00;
- A resident, annual
hunting and freshwater fishing license is $32.50;
- A resident
sportsman freshwater fishing only license is $80.50;
- A resident Gold sportsman freshwater and saltwater fishing license is $100.00;
- A non-resident,
annual hunting license is $151.50;
- A non-resident, 10
day hunting license is $46.50;
- A non-resident turkey permit is $125.00;
- An annual trapping
license is $26.50;
- A management area
permit is $26.50;
- An archery permit
- An crossbow permit
- A muzzleloader
permit is $5.00;
- A turkey permit is
- A deer permit is
- A State waterfowl or
duck permit is $5.00; and,
- An Electronic Federal Duck Stamp is $17.00.
Note: To qualify for any resident hunting and fishing license proof of residency is required. You must provide Date of Birth along with any one of the following for proof of residency:
Also Note: Non-resident hunting and
fishing licenses may be purchased by anyone.
- Florida DL or ID # (issued after Jan. 1, 2010 and valid for 6 or more months)
- Customer ID# (number already in TLS system)
- Social Security # & FL Homestead Exemption
- Social Security # & FL Voter Registration
- Social Security # & FL Landlord Certification
- Social Security # & FL Military Orders
- Social Security # & FL Student ID Card -18 or Under
- Social Security # & Parents Proof of FL Residency
These licenses are also available
online over the telephone.