RELEASE DATE: Friday, December 16, 2022
With the holiday season fast approaching, the Tax Collector’s Office for Polk County (TCPC) announces its adjusted holiday hours to serve the public.
Offices will be closed for Christmas and the New Year holiday on:
- Friday, December 23, 2022
- Monday, December 26, 2022
- Monday, January 2, 2023
Offices will remain open during normal business hours from Monday, December 19 to Thursday, December 22, 2022 and then again from Tuesday, December 27 to Friday, December 30, 2021. For the new year, the office will be closed on Monday, January 2, 2023 and will resume normal business hours on Tuesday, January 3, 2023.
The public is reminded that the last business day of the month is always a busy day, and even busier in December when heavy trucks and mobile homes registration renewals are due. Customers are encouraged to use alternate payment options.
Payments can be made as follows:
- Online payments are made at www.PolkTaxes.com. For transactions with a December 31 deadline, online payments will be accepted until 11:59 PM on Saturday, December 31.
- Property tax transactions having a December 31 deadline will be accepted through January 3 for the December 3% discount amount due.
- When paying in person at a Service Center or by drop-box to meet end of the month/year deadlines, all payments must be received before 5:00 PM, Tuesday, January 3, 2022.
- Same day vehicle registration services are available via Express Pick-Up, at no added cost using www.PolkTaxes.com, or by KIOSK in our Lakeland and Davenport service centers. KIOSK services are also available at the Grove Park Publix location in Lakeland.
- The American Legion Tag Agency in Winter Haven accepts property tax payments in their drop-box which is accessible in their lobby during regular business hours.
- Property tax payments may also be dropped into one of the drop boxes inside each Service Center location during regular business hours.
For more information, please go to www.PolkTaxes.com.
About the Office of Joe G. Tedder, Tax Collector for Polk County, Florida
Joe G. Tedder is elected by the people of Polk County to serve as their Tax Collector. The Office of Tax Collector is provided in Florida Constitution to serve in the state political subdivisions known as counties. The Tax Collector’s Office for Polk County has service centers in Bartow, Lakeland, Davenport, and Lake Wales. The Tax Collector’s Office serves over 720,000 residents in Polk County, offering services such as: Driver licenses and identification cards; motor vehicle registrations, decals, license plates, titles and disabled person parking placards; real estate and tangible personal property taxes; county local business taxes; tourist development taxes; concealed weapons license applications and renewals; and, other services.