ATTENTION: Appointments are required for all Driver License transactions conducted in a Tax Collector’s Service Center (including Written Exams).
Individuals whose Driver License has been expired for one year or more are required to retake and pass the Written Exam (Knowledge Exam). To make an appointment for the Written Exam, click here.
The following items are also needed to obtain a new Florida Driver License following an expiration period of one year or more for a previously held license.
1. Proof of Legal Status – One of the Following:
- Certified U.S. Birth Certificate (with a raised seal), which includes states, territories, or District of Columbia (A certificate of Live Birth or Hospital Record of Birth is not acceptable)
- Valid U.S. Passport
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad
2. Name Change Verification Document (if applicable):
- Original or certified copy of all marriage certificates or court orders that show name change(s). (Uncertified photocopies are not valid.)
3. Social Security Document:
- One of the following original documents for proof of your Social Security Number:
- Social Security Card
- W-2 Form from the Internal Revenue Service
- Pay stub showing Name
- Immigrants and non-immigrants: Supply same proof as U.S. citizens for Social Security Number when issued, otherwise provide a copy of Form SSN SSA-1099. For more information the SSA-1099 Form, contact the Social Security Administration.
4. Proof of Residential Address – Two Proofs Needed – Examples Provided Below:
- Rental agreement
- Utility bill, hookup, or work order not more than two months old
- Financial institution statement, not more than two months old
- Medical or health card with address listed
- Individuals who cannot provide two documents should complete a FLHSMV Certification of Address Form