ATTENTION: Appointments are required for all ID Card transactions conducted in a Tax Collector’s Service Center.
To make an appointment, click here.
New ID Card Information
Note: Those having a valid Driver License are not eligible for an ID Card, as their Driver License also serves as their ID Card.
The following items are needed to obtain a new Florida ID Card:
1. Proof of Legal Status One of the Following:
- Certified U.S. Birth Certificate (with a raised seal), which includes states, territories, or District of Columbia (A certificate of Live Birth or Hospital Record of Birth is not acceptable)
- Valid U.S. Passport
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad
2. Name Change Verification Document (if applicable):
- Original or certified copy of all marriage certificates or court orders that show name change(s). (Uncertified photocopies are not valid.)
3. Social Security Document:
- One of the following original documents for proof of your Social Security Number:
- Social Security Card
- W-2 Form from the Internal Revenue Service
- Pay stub showing Name
- Immigrants and non-immigrants: Supply same proof as U.S. citizens for Social Security Number when issued, otherwise provide a copy of Form SSN SSA-1099. For more information the SSA-1099 Form, contact the Social Security Administration.
4. Proof of Residential Address ,Two Proofs Needed, Examples Provided Below:
- Rental agreement
- Utility bill, hookup, or work order not more than two months old
- Financial institution statement, not more than two months old
- Medical or health card with address listed
- Individuals who cannot provide two documents should complete a FLHSMV Certification of Address Form, available in English or Spanish.