Attention: Effective Thursday, June 1, 2023 all dealership transactions (EFS, drop-off, and walk-in) are required to go to First Lakeland Tag Agency. The last day for dropping off work in the Tax Collector’s service centers is Friday, May 26, 2023 and must be picked up by Wednesday, May 31, 2023. Please contact Stacy O’Neal, Director of Sales to assist you with any transition questions. Stacy can be reached by phone at 954-274-9743 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
The Tax Collector’s Office will conduct dealership transactions in three different ways prior to the end of May 2023:
- Transactions submitted via EFS in which the work is processed at the dealership, submitted electronically, checked by the Tax Collector’s Office and submitted to DHSMV. If you are interested in learning more about this please contact Laura Gorman at 863-534-4734.
- Transactions walked into one of our four service centers.
- Transactions dropped off at one of our four service centers.
The Tax Collector’s Office has implemented the following policies to ensure all customers (dealer and non-dealer) are served as quickly and efficiently as possible prior to the End of May 2023:
- Prior to a ticket being issued, dealership location will be verified at check-in to ensure that your location is in Polk County.
- Polk County Dealers are allowed to walk in up to three transactions on one ticket from the hours of 8:30 am – 11:00 am, and 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm.
- Polk County Dealers are allowed to walk in one transaction on one ticket during the lunch hours of 11 am – 2 pm.
- Polk County Dealers are allowed to have one ticket issued at a given time. When a ticket is completed, the dealer may have another one issued.
- Multiple individuals representing one Polk County dealership are not allowed to have more than one ticket opened at the same time.
- There is no limit to the total amount of tickets that can be issued to a Polk County Dealer from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. The frequency of tickets issued only varies due to the number of walk-in customers at any given time during business hours.
- Polk County Dealers are allowed to drop off deals at any point in time throughout the day from 8:30 am – 5:00 pm.
- There is no limit to the total amount of deals a Polk County Dealership can drop off throughout the day from 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Authorized Tax Collector Partners
The Tax Collector’s Office encourages all dealerships to utilize the following authorized partners for the conducting of your dealer transactions:
First Lakeland Tag Agency
4130 Florida Ave.
Lakeland, FL 33813
Winter Haven American Legion Tag Agency
300 Avenue M, Northwest,
Winter Haven Florida 33881
Morningstar Fleet Services
817 N. Florida Ave.
Lakeland, FL 33801